Covid 19 – Coronavirus : What You Need to Know
Because of Covid 19 we are currently closed, according to government guidelines, until 15th May 2021. France is coming out of lockdown from the 3rd May, however we are still unsure if the borders will be open. It is looking likely that mid June is a realistic date for travel. For the moment the French borders remain closed for all except essential travel. We have implemented new procedures for cleaning and hygiene in 2020 and will be maintaining these through 2021. We thank you for your understanding during this time of international crisis.
Booking and payments
We believe that our guests need flexibility and confidence in these challenging times. So for the foreseeable future, we are not taking any upfront deposits or payments. To reserve a holiday you will only have to complete a booking form. Balance payments for holidays will only be due when you are absolutely certain that you can travel. We will attempt to keep you up to date with all the relevant information regarding Covid 19 and travel as it becomes available.
If you have already booked a holiday with us and paid a deposit, but are unable to travel, you will be able to carry over your deposit to another date with no extra charge. As per French law, we will effectively give you a certificate for the value of your deposit to be used against a future booking. This will be valid for 18 months from the date of your original booking. If after this time you have not been able to book another holiday with us, you will receive a refund. This special Covid 19 law has been put in place by the French Government to protect hoteliers like ourselves and will temporarily over-ride our existing policy of no refund of deposits on cancellations, which would be unfair to apply in these special circumstances.
Hygiene and Social Distancing during your stay
We have put in place improved sanitary procedures for our guests.
- There is a hand cleaning station at the entrance where Hand gel will be provided. All guests will be expected to clean their hands when they enter or leave the building.
- Social distancing will be respected at all times possible – no welcome hugs :0(
- The breakfast and dining room will be organised to allow as much distance between guests as possible. Staggered dining times may be implemented at busy periods
- Decorative bedding (cushions, throws etc) have been removed from rooms. Bedlinen are laundered at 60 degrees. Towels will not be removed from your rooms to be dried every day as before. A change of towels will be available if needed.
- Rooms and public areas are thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant products which meet government guidelines
- Public areas with high traffic usage are cleaned at least 3 times a day, especially door handles and frames and the backs of chairs
- We ask that you respect social distancing even around the pool and gardens. there is plenty of space to spread out!
We appreciate you help and support during this time and we look forward to seeing you again
00 33 (0)5 55 27 13 01